If your Lioness vibrator is powered on and nearby, and your device has its bluetooth enabled, pairing should happen without any issue. However, if there are issues, the steps below will help. Always try pairing from within the Lioness app, not from your Bluetooth settings.
Restart your Vibrator, Bluetooth, or App
By today's standards, Bluetooth is an ancient technology and has quite a few bugs. Many Bluetooth connection issues can be solved quickly by any combination of the following:
- turning your phone's Bluetooth off and on again
- closing out of your app and restarting it
- turning your vibrator off and on again
- "unpairing" or "forgetting" your Lioness vibrator from your Bluetooth settings
- restarting your phone/tablet
Check the lights on your vibrator
- Solid green sync light: good to go
- Flashing red sync light: out of storage, but still good to go
- Anything else: click here
- Your vibrator is not supposed to be paired to your phone while you use it
- Syncing/pairing should only be done from the Lioness app, not your phone's Bluetooth settings
Forgot the Bluetooth Pairing Code?
Bluetooth Pairing Codes:
- iPhone: 6496
- Android: 006496
You should only have to enter these codes once.
Android has recently (as of late-April) changed something in their permissions that causes difficulty syncing. If you are having difficulties you can check and see if this applies to you:
Look at Settings (gear icon) > Game and see what the button says.
If it says scanning, close and open the app again and check what it says. It should say “Sync to Play.” If not, and it says LOCATION_SERVICES, the app needs location permissions to use Bluetooth.
We don’t actually track your location, it’s how Google groups permissions.
We’re pushing a new update soon to resolve this, but it seems like something got changed in Android’s permissions or reset and we’re seeing this issue crop up all of a sudden.
Did none of these tips help?
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.